Partial Extraction Therapy(PET) Kit
- Socket Shield Technique
- Pontic Shield Technique
- Vital Root Submergence Technique
The Partial Extraction Kit (PET kit)has been developed specifically to make the Partial extraction therapy techniques more achievable. The step-by-step process helps to standardize the procedure to enable faster and more predictable results. The development of the kit was made possible through research that highlighted the complications associated with the techniques. The internal and external shield exposure are the main complications associated with the socket shield and Pontic shield. The use for the PET kit has specific drills that enable the simple reduction of the shield without damage to the adjacent mucosa as well as preparation of the chamfer below the bone level in order to create the prosthetic space necessary for ideal soft tissue healing over the shield.
The large round diamonds are ideal for both socket shield as well as root submergence technique. The size of the round drills allows fast and easy reduction of the roots to the ideal position reducing treatment times and achieving predictability.
Dr Howard Gluckman BDS, MChD, PhD
• Completed dental training at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg in 1990
• Completed a 4-year full-time degree in Oral Medicine and Periodontics at the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town
• Post graduate diploma in Implantology at both the University of Stellenbosch & University of Western Cape
• Director of the Implant and Aesthetic Academy in South Africa.
• Author of a monthly Implantology corner for the South African Dental Journal
• Immediate past president of the South African Society for Dental Implantology
• Board of the Southern African Association of Osseointegration (SAAO)
• Experts panel of Dental XP and on the Dental XP scientific board.